Looking for a refreshing bev? This one’s a gem. The blueberries in this recipe are packed with Vitamin C and so is the lime juice. The berries are also full of fibre, and the basil adds Vitamin K to your diet. Drink up!
- Juice of a fresh lime
- 3–4 fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup blueberries
- 6 oz. ginger beer (nonalcoholic)
- ½ cup ice
Not into basil? Add mint leaves instead. You can also substitute blueberries for other fruits, such as oranges, pomegranate, or strawberries.
- Put the blueberries in a bowl. Admire them, because why not?
- Cut the lime in half, remove the seeds, and squeeze over the blueberries.
- Mash the blueberries with a fork.
- Mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fill a Moscow Mule mug (or any type of mug) with ice.
- Combine the blueberry mixture with ginger beer and basil leaves. (For a stronger basil taste, rub the leaves between your fingers before adding to the glass.)
- Mix well and enjoy.
Another easy, refreshing drink hack: Spruce up your water by infusing it with fruit and herbs or spices like:
- lemon + frozen berries
- lime + fresh mint
- apple slices + cinnamon